Our last issue we mentioned the amazing results one of our client had in their Employee Engagement survey, the people there had a huge role to play in their success.
Since we wrote about our client, a number of you have approached us to find out more about employee engagement. We have talked much about the importance of employee engagement and the benefits of focusing on people and performance.
For a start, if your employees are engaged they’ll be happier, healthier and more fulfilled. But equally great, you could also see a 12% increase in profit, alone not to mention the and increase in staff retention and 5% increase in productivity. I could go on!
Did you know? It can cost 12-18 months’ salary to replace an employee (Source: HayGroup, How to stop your talent taking flight, September 2013)
If you think that seems an excessively high figure, think again. This time consider the following, often hidden costs:
- Recruitment, on boarding and training costs,
- Time spent on the exit process
- Juggling workload and temp costs
- Loss of expertise and productivity
- Managing turnover
- Quality problems and customer dissatisfaction
Here are some top tips to get you started….
- Start with engaged people, recruit well
- Create and share a vision for the future , one that is understood and resonates with all
- Set clear expectations, and provide regular honest feedback
- Commit to development, for careers and current role
- Rewards and Recognition, it’s not always about money, remember to say thanks!
- Be Trustworthy, honour your commitments and trust others
- Work/Life Balance, understand different needs of your people and be flexible
- Have fun, life’s too short not to!
Trackback from your site.