We’ve been doing lots of Employee Engagement work recently with a varied range of clients in and around Yorkshire who have been getting some great insights to help them build their business. Alongside this, Michelle is speaking at a few events and conferences in the coming months. So, why is it important to consider how engaged your employees actually are? For a start, if your employees are engaged they’ll be happier, healthier and more fulfilled. But equally great, you could also see a 12% increase in profit alone not to mention the increase in staff retention and 5% increase in productivity. We could go on! Did you know? It can cost 12-18 months’ salary to replace an employee (Source: HayGroup, How to stop your talent taking flight, September 2013). This might seem like an excessively high figure, but take time to consider the following, often hidden costs:
- Recruitment, on boarding and training costs
- Time spent on the exit process
- Juggling workload and temp costs
- Loss of expertise and productivity
- Managing turnover
- Quality problems and customer dissatisfaction
- Start with engaged people, recruit well
- Create and share a vision for the future, one that is understood and resonates with all
- Set clear expectations, and provide regular honest feedback
- Are you developing your managers to bring out the best in their teams?
- Rewards and Recognition, make the time to recognise what your staff are doing and say thanks!
- Be Trustworthy, honour your commitments and trust others
- Work/Life Balance, understand different needs of your people and try to be flexible
Tags: Employee Engagement
Trackback from your site.