So bearing this in mind over the next few weeks we are sharing the ABC’s of keeping our people and teams engaged. We are providing a series of 5 blogs to ensure you and your team are motivated and raring to go when the time comes.
Authentic and Inspiring leadership
Be prepared – have a plan
Communicate and keep connected
Develop a strong and valued team
Embrace health and wellbeing
Be Prepared – Have a Plan
We know that creating a vision for the future is key to engagement but is currently challenging. However, if we are prepared and have short term plans, we can set a vision for now to help keep people focussed.
Hints and tips
• Create a compelling vision for “getting through this together”
• Encourage everyone to have a daily plan – what 3 things are they going to focus on today. This can be for furloughed workers too and is a good way to encourage them to focus on their plans for their day.
• Keep plans simple – as the saying goes, don’t try to eat the elephant! Achieving anything right now is a win for many people.
Our challenge to you
• Review your plan and consider if it covers the short-term nature of the current situation, if not, write a short-term goal.
• Ensure you and your managers have regular conversation with the team to set plans for the day.
• Celebrate achievement of the daily plan in a fun and engaging way– it might just keep you and your team motivated.
Trackback from your site.