Oh, its back…blue Monday – did you feel it? Did it get to you? Well Blue Monday hit the top ten in the charts in 1983 (before we were born… obviously!). So, to combat blue Mondays, here’s our top ten to knock it off the top spot!
Our top ten tips!
- Make sure you are having your 1:1s with people so they feel valued and respected.
- Find out what motivates each team member. What gives them a buzz at work?
- Treat people as individuals – what motivates one could easily demotivate another.
- Provide meaningful work, let people understand how their contribution fits with the bigger picture.
- Catch people doing things right and provide regular feedback.
- Provide the resources to enable people to do their job.
- Provide opportunities for individuals to develop and grow.
- Ask people for their ideas and opinions.
- Surprise them with small acts of kindness (like chocolate …. just saying 😉)
- Engage with Brew Monday instead of Blue Monday.