What can you learn about leadership in a kitchen we hear you cry? Well quite a lot as our Management Development delegates will tell you. Having to perform under pressure, in unfamiliar situations, providing direction, clarity and communication can be a regular feature of a leader / manager’s role. In the kitchen we simply re-create the business environment and observe people lead.
• Keep your eye on the goal
• Spend time up front planning
• Take the time to observe what’s going on
• Use the skills and talents of those around you
• Listen to people and ideas
• Ask questions to understand
• As a leader, try not to get stuck in the detail
• Define the roles and responsibilities of those in the team
• Celebrate the success and reap the rewards!
And reap the rewards we did!
Can you handle the heat of leadership? Would you like to understand more about your style and the impact it has on those who you lead?
To find out more about our Management Development Programme CLICK HERE or give us a call on 01904 628838 for a chat about the programme and how it can help you and your business.