Through our employee engagement reviews we often uncover that line managers are a contributing factor for people feeling less engaged in their work. Research supports this, reporting that 62% of people leave their job as a result of their manager!
But save a thought for the manager!
Many of the managers we meet have never had the new expectation of the role made clear to them; in fact, sometimes the leaders themselves don’t truly know what they expect from their managers. Often the manager has been promoted because of their technical ability within the role, and not on their ability to manage and motivate a team to be their best. On top of this, there is then the delicate nature of managing changing relationships with team members. Those who were once peers are now reporting into the new manager, finding the right balance and managing this with skill and grace is not easy.
In response to the issues we are finding, we have developed a First Line Manager Programme which explores essential elements of management and leadership to help managers become effective in their role. The programme covers a range of topics including:
- Understanding you and your role
- Understanding teams
- Honest and effective communication
- Performance Management
- Bringing out the best in your team
- Dealing with difficult situations
- Delivering through others
- Developing you and your team
There are numerous outcomes too:
- Describe their own management style and the impact on others
- Explain the factors which contribute to a high performing team
- Evaluate team behaviour, taking appropriate action
- Develop tools and techniques to communicate more effectively
- Describe the manager’s role in performance management
- Construct smart objectives and monitor performance effectively
- Conduct appraisals that add value to both individuals and the business
- Identify ways to motivate and empower individuals
- Apply techniques for praising and rewarding people in the appropriate way
- Explain how to manage under performers
- Empower the team and delegate tasks effectively
- Explore the difference between conduct and capability
- Explain the processes in place to manage absence
- Recognise the importance of knowing strengths and aspirations of individuals
- Identify development opportunities and provide opportunities for growth
- Build personal self – belief
In addition, to help embed learning we offer support including 1:1 sessions, coaching or action learning groups where managers can focus on specific challenges and issues.
Here’s what previous delegates on an in-house programme had to say:
“Overall I have enjoyed the whole experience; it has certainly been an eye opener! I did not realise there was so much to it” (Lauren – DriveSpeed)
“At times a challenging experience but unbelievably beneficial for management teams to work together” (Sabrina – DriveSpeed)
“An amazing programme. Sue and Michelle are thorough and tough when they need to be, but it’s only because they want to help you to be the best leader you can be!” (Kirsty – DriveSpeed)
This programme has a flexible approach and can be adapted to suit business need, so if you think this programme might be part of your solution to having inspiring managers why not get in touch and we can tailor a solution that’s right for you.
Don’t forget – you may qualify for match funding for this programme. Click here to find out more