During the call we have been asking participants for their successes, the things that are working for them and their business and putting a smile on people’s faces. I think we would all agree, that’s really important right now. So, we thought we would share with you what they are currently doing to keep spirits high, support dispersed teams and to have a bit of self-care too:
• Created a team ‘what’s app’ group for more social interaction and a bit of fun
• Virtual coffee breaks, where the whole team grab a coffee and sit down and connect
• Be brave and using various connection tools for the first-time including Microsoft teams, Slack and Zoom (other brands are available!)
• Having daily team meetings, usually by video conference
• Having 2 daily team meetings, at the start and the end of the day
• Encouraging everyone to share 3 key activities you are going to achieve today with team members
• Teams committing to exercise, lifting the spirits for the day (Joe Wicks PE session at 9am is a popular choice)
• Created guidelines to help managers who are finding themselves leading remotely for the first time
• Shared helpful tips and advice from various NHS sources to help keep their people safe and protected at this time
• Team virtual running challenge, where individuals submit their daily miles/time, sharing a leader board and, when we come out of this, undertake a real team running challenge together
• Encouraged people to learn new skills either themselves or with their children if they are now working from home
• Created a team ‘what’s app’ group for new business wins
• Prepared a written document for key workers who have to travel with work to ensure they feel comfortable if they are stopped whilst traveling to and from work
It’s quite inspiring to see how much our local businesses have adapted in the first week, we hope some of these ideas inspire you, and if you are doing something that’s really working for your business, let us know and we will keep adding to the list.
Why not join us on some of our DAILY ZOOM SESSION 10.30-11.15am EVERY MORNING Monday to Friday. You would be very welcome.
You will need to register in advance for this meeting but once registered, you can dial in to them when you want or every day, whatever suits you. It might be for a quick question or you might wish to stay for the duration to discuss issues with other business owners and leaders.
Use this link to register.
Trackback from your site.