Now we often invest time in shaping the future of others. Simply by listening to people, providing opportunities for them to grow, providing support when needed, perhaps a shoulder to cry on, helping others identify personal strategies to move forward and providing feedback on performance so that people can understand what they are doing well and where they need to develop.
However, do we invest as much time in shaping our own futures?
We suspect not, so why not use learning at work week to think about you and your future.
Here’s a few hints and tips to get you started:
• Stop the constant ‘doing’ and take some time out to stop, reflect and think! Book some time out in the diary this week for ‘you time’.
• Broaden your perspective of how you could develop at work – think outside the box. What excites you about the business, sparks passion in your work and provides the right amount of challenge?
• Be open to new learning experiences. Step out of your comfort zone, try something new. You don’t know what you don’t know!
• Read around a topic that can help you be even better at what you do. What’s the latest thinking in your field? Can you introduce some new thinking into your work?
• Develop your resilience – How can you react differently to change? Change is the future so we might as well be prepared.
• Practice a bit of self-care to rest and repair. Get your energy levels back to a high so you embrace your future with gusto!
The Learning at Work Week website offers resources, themed activity ideas, inspiration, promotional materials and planning workshops to help you design a brilliant Learning at Work Week and bring the theme to life, not only for others but for you too – so go on, invest time in shaping your future, because you’re worth it!
If you would like any help or support with the above, contact us here at Pro-Development as we can help via coaching or working with your teams to support change, building resilience or identifying career paths.
Trackback from your site.