Time to set amazing, challenging, and fun goals. Whether they are business goals, personal goals, or team goals, take some time to really think about what it is you want to achieve this year. We always have our annual goal setting session at the start of the year and are already feeling inspired and excited about what we want to achieve together.
Why is it important to set goals?
- It gives you direction and a focus
- It provides a sense of purpose
- You will be motivated to achieve it
- You will gain a sense of achievement when you take each small step
- Each small success builds up your momentum
- Your self-belief about your capabilities will grow and who knows what that will lead too!
How to set your goals
- Take some time to reflect on the year before – your successes, challenges and learnings and what will you take forward into 2021.
- Visualise the end of 2021. What would you have like to have achieved by that point?
- Capture your vision in picture form or words.
- Think about all the different steps to achieve the goal(s).
- Start to place these different steps on a timeline.
- Check each milestone you place on the timeline is achievable and realistic (if they are not you may give up on your goals throughout the year, believing it’s not possible!).
- Look back at your goals – make sure they excite you.
- Place your goals somewhere where you can revisit them regularly – and hold yourself to account to deliver!
Trackback from your site.