Oh, its back…blue Monday – did you feel it? Did it get to you? Well Blue Monday hit the top ten in the charts in 1983 (before we were born… obviously!). So, to combat blue Mondays, here’s our top ten to knock it off the top spot!
Our top ten tips!
- Make sure you are having your 1:1s with people so they feel valued and respected.
- Find out what motivates each team member. What gives them a buzz at work?
- Treat people as individuals – what motivates one could easily demotivate another.
- Provide meaningful work, let people understand how their contribution fits with the bigger picture.
- Catch people doing things right and provide regular feedback.
- Provide the resources to enable people to do their job.
- Provide opportunities for individuals to develop and grow.
- Ask people for their ideas and opinions.
- Surprise them with small acts of kindness (like chocolate …. just saying 😉)
- Engage with Brew Monday instead of Blue Monday.
Connected, engaged and motivated teamsHow connected engaged and motivated are your team? Do you know? Could you guess? Why not consider an employee engagement survey to really understand how your team are feeling and find out what’s working well and not so well. This really could make Blue Monday a thing of the past. If you would like to find out more contact us at email@example.com. Funding is available for this too, even more reasons not to be blue! You are probably eligible to 40% funding, its open to SMEs, Large, Public sector and Charities. Just give us a call to start the conversation 01904 628838.
Trackback from your site.