We do a lot of work with businesses who contacted us because they were worried about losing some of their most talented people. Recruiting the right people with the right attitude, values and skills is extremely difficult and the costs associated with replacing people has been said to cost between 12-18 months’ salary! So, here’s some questions for you:-
- Do you know if one of your best people is considering leaving?
- Are you doing everything you can to ensure that people want to stay in your business?
- Do you know what is motivating and engaging your teams to ensure they are giving their best?
- Do you know what is getting in the way of people doing their best work?
- Increased retention
- Reduced sickness
- Greater customer satisfaction
- Higher levels of creativity and innovation
- Improved productivity
- Optimum business performance
- Lack of recognition for their achievements How many of us forget to give recognition to someone who has done a great job? Usually because we’re too busy and forget that it’s the right thing to do! In a recent survey for a client, feeling valued and recognised was identified as the most significant area that needed to improve.
- Insufficient compensation and benefits This may or may not be in your control but it is worth reviewing regularly and ensuring that you are offering people competitive packages to help retain them. Lots of our clients are finding it isn’t about salary either, it can be about flexible working or perhaps holidays.
- Infrequent growth and development opportunities You may not be aware, unless you ask, that your people want to progress and develop in their current role or into another role in your organisation. Many of our surveys highlight that people do not have access to appropriate training and development.
Trackback from your site.