It can be great for team morale and engagement to create a sense of the season, even if you have a few people that may be less up for a bit Christmas team fun. There is no doubt that making an effort can give a feeling of a great place to work. So how do we bring that feeling of Christmas into the office?
Well at Pro-Development we are all for a bit of fun and here are some of our thoughts on building a bit of team spirit:
1. Do a bit of Christmas decorating – you don’t have to go crazy, but a bit of tinsel and a lovely Christmas tree with some lights can really make the workspace feel great.
2. Buy a gift for your colleagues – again if you have a big office this can feel like a bit of a hassle. But Secret Santa means that everyone can get a fun gift with a maximum value that won’t break the bank.
3. Take some time out with colleagues – perhaps it is a Christmas meal or maybe just a lunch together (you could even do this in the office) but taking some time out to keep building those all important relationships is a great idea at this time.
4. Do something together for your community, maybe it’s a charity that you support where you could get involved together, really getting into the spirit.
5. Send a Christmas message – sounds simple doesn’t it but a really well thought out Christmas message in a card can mean a lot to people. Perhaps it includes what you have valued most about that person this year.
Of course, we must remember that Christmas can be a difficult time for some, perhaps they are grieving a loss, or have another really good reason for not wanting to get involved. It is at these times that our compassion can really make a difference for them, which might just be respecting their wishes. We hope that you have a peaceful and relaxing Christmas time and come back in 2020 feeling refreshed.
And, if you don’t get around to making some time to build the team in 2019, then don’t forget, that for eligible businesses, we can get 40% towards the cost of any team building event both indoors and outdoors before March 2020. If you want to know more, contact us on 01904 628838 to speak to us, we would love to hear from you.
Trackback from your site.