We are pleased to announce that Pro-Development are now an registered providerwith Leeds City Region Enterprise Partnership (LEP) Skills Service.
What this means
This is exciting news for SMEs as it means if you work within the Leeds region 50% match funding is available for training and development provided that the eligibility criteria is met. You’ll also be pleased to learn that the Leeds Region incorporates SMEs that are based in York, Harrogate, Craven, Selby, Barnsley and all of West Yorkshire.
More about the LEP
The LEP promotes the Leeds City Region’s interests on a national and international scale, helping business and enterprise to thrive by unlocking potential through partnership. The LEP’s vision is to unlock the potential of the City Region, developing an economic powerhouse that will create jobs and prosperity. They aim to do this by being a relevant, essential and enabling partner to growing businesses within the City Region, and by opening the door to a new relationship with government. The LEP also have a skills service which you can access, if eligible, for the match funding. This means if you have a budget to put towards training, you could also be eligible for funding of between £500 and £50,000.
Is your business eligible?
To be eligible for skills funding your business must:
• be based in the Leeds City Region (which includes York, Harrogate, Craven, Selby, Barnsley and all of West Yorkshire.)
• employ fewer than 250 people and have an annual turnover of less than £40million
• be able to provide a contribution to the cost of training, as a minimum 50%
• be in one of our priority sector, which are:
- Creative and digital
- Finance and Business
- Medical Technology
- Hospitality and tourism
- Low Carbon
- Manufacturing and engineering
- Transport and logistics
1. Go to the LEP site, skills page
2. Complete the on-line form and answer some questions about you and your business, and the required skills development including:
a. What training is required and for how many people?
b. What will the added value be to your business by undertaking this training?
c. What are the objectives for undertaking the training?
3. You will then be asked ‘do you require further support in identifying a training provided’ –at this point you can select ‘No’ and enter Pro-Development as your registered training provider.
Interested and would like to find out more?
Why not have a look at the LEP site. The site is packed full of information, go to the skills page for specific information about the funding for development which we are accredited to deliver for you. This really is a fantastic opportunity for businesses in the region, we look forward to working together to help your business flourish and grow.
Trackback from your site.